Time is money… and in the oil waste treatment industry having the capability to effectively treat more waste faster is the Holy Grail.Hazardous waste management companies continuously approach SAS-ES for advice on how best to increase their oil waste processing capacity.
We would like to share our top 5 tips for increasing your oil waste processing capacity based on our many years of knowledge and experience:
- Ensure all equipment and fittings are regularly serviced and maintained as per the manufacturer’s guidelines. Once the investment is made into hundreds of thousands of dollars on a decanter centrifuge it is essential to not have the drive unit work at 50% throughput or completely fail because a maintenance service call was delayed or cancelled.
- Use effective chemistry as a pre-treatment to help give your engineering the go faster stripes, and most importantly make sure you choose the right chemistry. Polymers and coagulants have their place in the oil waste treatment process, but as pre-treatment solutions these chemistries often compound sludge treatment issues by trapping free oil within solids.
- Plan ahead and work together with your chemicals suppliers. Make sure you have enough product stock onsite that will allow you to run at max capacity for the duration of the project. Too many times companies discover they have to downturn processing rates because they fail to take into account product lead times.
- Where possible, consider homogenizing your waste streams prior to processing. This will allow you to have better control over solids loading and help with regulating chemical dosing levels. This drives operating efficiency by ensuring that the waste stream is not under or over dosed.
- Map out your oil waste treatment cycle in full and make sure you include a post treatment plan of action. Clearly identify what will happen to the fractions of waste once treatment is complete. There is no point in recovering 95% oil from your waste only for it to take up valuable tank storage space because there is now recovered oil collection procedure in place. This backlog will have a massive effect on resources and may prevent you from treating new waste material.
Most oil waste treatment companies have a good handle on their business and operations, however as in life certain aspects can always be improved.
Gaining that extra 10% or 20% is what will set you apart from your competitors and allow you to score and facilitate those huge mega tenders we all work towards.
To find out how to increase your oil waste processing capacity using SAS-ES products, visit our website today!